Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
  • From: Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:42:04 +0200
On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 20:34 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Friday 17 June 2011 20:25:55 Kay Sievers wrote:
We will have something working, to show, and to talk about after the
summer I guess:
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2011/ocw/proposals/579

"Lessons learned from Android, MacOS"

Right. Android has a read-only /system by default, strict separation
between: system, host, user, 3rd party app and runtime data. There is
actually a lot to learn from.

Unlike people like the state: usual Linux distros are many years behind
that, they are less secure, less flexible and much more complicated.

Android did many things very right, and they use the same tools we all
have available. We just need to think out of the box, and can improve
what we have, without really breaking anything after bootup.

Kay