Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
On Friday 17 June 2011 13:01:47 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2011 schrieb Dr. Werner Fink:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:36:20PM +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
We really need to get closer to how they work, and the mindless split
between / and /usr is the first step to clean up the mess we inherited.

For a DB the split between / and /usr is not mindless ...
at least this is on our remit for the minimal specification
of the most big DB server. I also prefer / and /usr on on
partition but my personal opinion, but this is clearly
not all that.

Can we please leave these technical discussions on opensuse-factory instead
of crossposting?
This one should be suitable the get the non-technical discussion going:
http://bit.ly/mcmjGP
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sascha Peilicke