Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
Le lundi 13 juin 2011 à 14:34 +0200, Michal Vyskocil a écrit :
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 07:04:14PM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Hi all,

systemd is coming for next openSUSE (12.1) scheduled next fall.

Hi Frederic,

thanks for working on it. Can you change the respective feature about
systemd?

https://features.opensuse.org/310327

done.

I'll help for systemd integration in openSUSE Factory[1] and will act as
an interface between you (openSUSE testers, packagers, developers) and
systemd upstream.

As you might guess, switching boot manager is not a trivial task and
issues will be found. So, we want to have as much feedback and testing
as possible, to try to tackle as much (if not all) issues in time for
12.1.

Here is our action plan, in several phases:

* phase 1: detecting current issues with systemd. Install systemd
package and "manually" boot with it, by adding
"init=/bin/systemd" at you kernel boot command line. In this
setup, we want to find ALL the issues caused by switching to
systemd, so please, check systemd on Factory status page[2] and
follow the instructions there to fill bug reports. We also want
to ensure there is no regression, when using legacy sysvinit
initscripts with systemd as boot manager.
* phase 2: systemd-sysvinit package installed by default and
replace sysvinit.
* phase 3: providing systemd unit files to replace legacy sysvinit
initscripts: this is a huge task which won't be completed before

Do we have something packaging policy for it? Fedora has

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Systemd

I think the most important part is how to enable it in spec file

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd

It would be useful to start a thread on opensuse-packaging as well.

Indeed, thanks for this, I'll mail opensuse-packaging.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE