Re: [opensuse-factory] Network Install Efficiency
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:47:13 +0200
Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

It does use multiple download servers as redirected from
download.opensuse.org, but I think if you look closer at your proxy
logs you'll find that the downloads don't take place concurrently. As
best I can tell the installation downloads a single package, installs
it, and repeats.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said it's not parallel-by-package.
Personally I don't mind that much, but the download isn't able to take
advantage of the proxy, which is more annoying.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.6°C)