[opensuse-factory] Re: Mostly Fixed: (was Re: broken samba-3.5.7 package in 11.4 (binary and source)
Am Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:28:59 -0700
schrieb Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>:

The only thing I still may report as a bug would be the source
rpm problem. (like it not building!)....

Well, I seem to remember that SAMBA packaging is pretty heavyweight stuff,
so the maintainer probably focused on making it work on the build service
and / or using the SUSE build script, and did not care for manual rpmbuild.

I can understand this position very well, but I think if you send him a
clean patch which does not break the SAMBA build in the build service for
all supported platforms and additionally fixes your rpmbuild problem, he
will not refuse that.

OTOH you should probably take a short look on the buildservice and osc, as
it is a much better approach to getting reproducible build results than
using rpmbuild in your installed system.

Best regards,
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"