[opensuse-factory] Mostly Fixed: (was Re: broken samba-3.5.7 package in 11.4 (binary and source)
In case others missed this...

Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am Sun, 05 Jun 2011 18:45:01 -0700
I see no reference to 'libtalloc' -- why not??
I have no idea. As a workaround, you could try to
"LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libtalloc... nmbd"
Oh, I see you are talking 11.4 here. => bugzilla.
-------

I checked nmbd to see what it wanted for dynamic libs using
'readelf' and noted that it doesn't seem to want or need "talloc".
Thus I looked at what libs were being pulled in by nmbd using 'ldd -r /usr/sbin/nmbd' (which also showed the sym probs).
Looking at the libs it was pulling in, I checked what packages they were
coming from. I noted that one of them 'libwbclient0' in "/lib64" belonged to NO package.

I removed it (as well as any other unclaimed files under /lib64)
and my samba now seems to be pretty much working (not fully tested
every aspect, but domain-login is working again as well as nmbd).

The only thing I still may report as a bug would be the source
rpm problem. (like it not building!)....