Re: [opensuse-factory] devel project for computer forensic apps?
On Saturday, June 04, 2011 01:25:04 PM Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I'm hoping to push a computer forensic app called "log2timeline" to a
devel repo soon. And then to factory, possibly.

(it is still fairly young, so putting it in a stable repo may be
pointless.)

There are a number of other computer forensic apps on OBS, but mostly
spread around in various peoples home projects. (I'd say I found at
least 20 packages related to computer forensics in my casual looking
on OBS)

For those that don't know "forensics" is the application of science to
the legal world. So one could argue these apps should just be added
to the science project, but I don't think its really a good fit.

science:forensics would be my preference, but it doesn't exist (yet).

Can anyone recommend where I should SR my package to? Should I file a
bugzilla to create science:forensics?

Thanks
Greg
Should be a repo for computer forensics and penetration testing. I want to
tinker a bit more. Most people I know are using Backtrack for that... but I
rather don't care for ubuntu and its derivatives.