[opensuse-factory] devel project for computer forensic apps?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 16:25:04 -0400
All,

I'm hoping to push a computer forensic app called "log2timeline" to a
devel repo soon. And then to factory, possibly.

(it is still fairly young, so putting it in a stable repo may be pointless.)

There are a number of other computer forensic apps on OBS, but mostly
spread around in various peoples home projects. (I'd say I found at
least 20 packages related to computer forensics in my casual looking
on OBS)

For those that don't know "forensics" is the application of science to
the legal world. So one could argue these apps should just be added
to the science project, but I don't think its really a good fit.

science:forensics would be my preference, but it doesn't exist (yet).

Can anyone recommend where I should SR my package to? Should I file a
bugzilla to create science:forensics?

Thanks
Greg