Re: [opensuse-factory] filesystem query
On 06/01/2011 08:47 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 01/06/11 11:41, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:

4. -have a journalled file system recovery to ensure filesystem and files
are in a healthy state after a system freeze/reboot ?

While the filesystem can help having some sort of behaviour on error,
you need to have proper power backup and a RAID to lower the chances of
lossing data on power fail.

I have an UPS, but some times the kernel crashes. Yep, it does. I use hibernation to disk, two or three times a day. Eventually, it crashes, once or twice per month. I can not report it because there are no logs and no messages.

Which means run fsck on all opened filesystems.

--
Saludos/Cheers
Carlos E.R.