Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL and related
On Thursday 02 June 2011 20:34:23 Stephan Kulow wrote:

OK, we should carefuly differ between the situation we have now and we had
when KDE3 was dropped. Back then we have a KDE team that didn't want to
spend time in maintaining two sets of KDE and rather concentrate on KDE4
and noone else wanted to maintain it.

Now, 3 openSUSE releases later, the situation is different. We have an
upstream project and openSUSE packagers that are willing to maintain these
sources. So I see no problem reviving the packages. Of course they require
major cleanup and whoever wants them in factory should really give them
some love - so far most of them are the same old 11.1 packages with minimal
patching. For one: I want to see unsermake gone in factory.

I think overwhelming majority of KDE3 packages in KDE:KDE3 do not use
unsermake. Maybe only 2 or 3.