Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL and related
Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2011, 12:47:29 schrieb Ilya Chernykh:
On Thursday 02 June 2011 12:49:16 Stefan Seyfried wrote:
schrieb Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>:
It's a release that's considered dead by its own maintainers.

No. By its own developers.
The maintainers are not necessarily the developers.

Whom you call the "KDE3 developers"? Again the KDE4 team?
They are not the KDE3 developers.

OK, we should carefuly differ between the situation we have now and we had
when KDE3 was dropped. Back then we have a KDE team that didn't want to spend
time in maintaining two sets of KDE and rather concentrate on KDE4 and noone
else wanted to maintain it.

Now, 3 openSUSE releases later, the situation is different. We have an
upstream project and openSUSE packagers that are willing to maintain these
sources. So I see no problem reviving the packages. Of course they require
major cleanup and whoever wants them in factory should really give them some
love - so far most of them are the same old 11.1 packages with minimal
patching. For one: I want to see unsermake gone in factory.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Sent from openSUSE