Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL and related
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday, June 01, 2011 02:05:56 AM Ilya Chernykh wrote:
First of all I want to ask whether hal will be available under 12.1 or it
is to be decided?

My second question is as follows.
As you know, hal is depreciated and people who prepare 12.1 want to remove
dependency on hal from different packages.

For instance they want to remove it from kdebase3-runtime which will be
included in 12.1. But hal is necessary for normal function of KDE3 so we,
who use KDE3 as a desktop want hal functions to be enabled.

That's why my question.

Is it possible to build a package with hal if hal is available in the
repository and without hal otherwise? How to properly organize the check on
whether the package exists in the repo at the buildtime?

Or may be another solution based on an option constant defined in the
project's properties is better?

You can add hal to the KDE3 repository if KDE3 is the only users of hal.

So there are still people who maintain KDE3? I thought it was
dropped from the distro because noone wanted to maintain it anymore?

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel