Re: [opensuse-factory] EOL feature
* Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-27-11 20:00]:
On 2011-05-27 22:06, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
The mirrors are still out there. I don't understand why we need to
break people's package managers after a certain time.

Sure its EOL, sure it's not suggested to use, etc, etc. But why do we
need to break people's package managers?

it doesn't *break* the package managers. Disable the inaccessable repos.

The package managers are already broken. The packagekit applet is
complaining here about every 15 minutes that it could not connect to a
software source.

I had to do:

mv /usr/sbin/packagekitd /usr/sbin/packagekitd.noquiero

to stop that nonsense.

Look how many repos fail for me:

Telcontar:~ # zypper refresh
Repository 'NVIDIA Repository' is up to date.
Download (curl) error for
'http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/11.2/repodata/repomd.xml':
Error code: User abort
Error message: connect() timed out!
Error retrieving metadata for 'OBS: KDE: KDE3':
File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium
'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3a/KDE3/openSUSE_11.2/'

Skipping repository 'OBS: KDE: KDE3' because of the above error.

to fix: zypper rr "OBS: KDE: KDE3"
or: zypper mr -d "OBS: KDE: KDE3"

the inactive repos are not being maintained, why not remove them?