Re: [opensuse-factory] mirrorbrain
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 09:21:09PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Lars Vogdt wrote:
The problem with US is not only that we miss some powerful mirrors in
this region. We already discussed the possibility to have some "GeoIP
based servers" hosting download.opensuse.org - but until now, our
internet provider could not offer us some Nameservers that can handle
requests based on the GeoIP of the requester.
In a beautiful world, we would have:
a) DNS servers pointing users to their closest incarnation of
download.opensuse.org
b) a lot of mirrors in the region which the redirector can redirect to

But isn't exactly what mirrorbrain is supposed to help do?

No, Lars is talking about having an US based mirrorbrain
instance.

Cheers,
Michael.

--