Re: [opensuse-factory] Build Target Tumbleweed
Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Friday March 25 2011 01:46:53 Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 07:08:30PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
There are at least a few of those packages I build against that are
not in factory and thus not eligible for being directly in tumbleweed.

Why aren't they in Factory? What keeps packages out of it?

E.g. one not wanting to backport security fixes for the time a openSUSE
version is maintained.

11.2 will reach EOL soon. There are 399 source packages in the
update channel of which 158 are referenced by a security update.
The total number of sources packages in 11.2 is 3527+15 = 3542.
So only 4.5% of the packages required a security update during the
life time of 11.2. I didn't count how many of them were fixed by
upgrading to the next minor version from upstream.
So the argument is pretty lame.

cu
Ludwig

--