Re: [opensuse-factory] Build Target Tumbleweed
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:15:04 +0100
Tumbleweed is "just" openSUSE:11.4 with updated packages that are in
Factory pulled into it to make it easier for users to stay up-to-date
with newer stable packages.

For example, the kernel in Tumbleweed right now is at 2.6.38, while it
will remain at 2.6.37 in the openSUSE:11.4 repo for forever.

It also has updated versions of Samba and a number of other packages.
See the openSUSE wiki page for more details about what Tumbleweed is if
you are curious.

So you never update libraries in Tumbleweed? Or if you update a
library in Tumbleweed you make sure to also re-build all users
of that library in Tumbleweed?

If I update a library in Tumbleweed, I will rebuild all users of that
library in the openSUSE:11.4 tree and add it to the Tumbleweed repo so
that there are no problems.

You may want to do this via a project link plus the linkedbuild="localdep"
scheduler switch to let OBS pick the dependening packages from openSUSE:11.4
project automatically:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_build_scheduling_strategies

--
Adrian Schroeter