[opensuse-factory] New devel-project: Pyrit
  • From: Lukas Lueg <lukas.lueg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:37:45 +0100
Hi,

I'm the author of Pyrit (http://code.google.com/p/pyrit) which I'd like
to see a package for in the openSUSE factory repository. As I am
the main author and maintainer of the upstream project, I can't
take care of maintaining a package in every distribution myself; therefor
I'm looking for a maintainer.

Pyrit integrates technologies like CUDA, Padlock, OpenCL, CAL and
AES-NI with Python and shows some very heavy iron works using this
language, easily pushing several hundret gigabytes of data per second
around the block.

A short description of Pyrit, taken from the main page at
https://code.google.com/p/pyrit/

Pyrit allows to create massive databases, pre-computing part of the
IEEE 802.11 WPA/WPA2-PSK authentication phase in a
space-time-tradeoff. Exploiting the computational power of Many-Core-
and other platforms through ATI-Stream, Nvidia CUDA, OpenCL and VIA
Padlock, it is currently by far the most powerful attack against one
of the world's most used security-protocols. Pyrit is free software -
free as in freedom. Everyone can inspect, copy or modify it and share
derived work under the GNU General Public License v3+. It compiles and
executes on a wide variety of platforms including FreeBSD, MacOS X and
Linux as operation-system and x86-, alpha-, arm-, hppa-, mips-,
powerpc-, s390 and sparc-processors.

Pyrit is already in the official package repositories for Debian 6,
upcoming Ubuntu 11, Arch Linux, Pentoo and Backtrack 4.
The main package builds from source - to my best knowledge - without
any warnings or errors on any major Linux or BSD distribution and
produces - again to my best knowledge - no errors or warnings from
rpmlint or other QA-tool. The latest version 0.4.0 has no patches in
Debian 6 that are not custom to the distribution itself. To ease
deployment for FOSS-distributions, the parts working with CUDA, OpenCL
or ATI-Stream are put into seperate, optional modules. The main module
builds and runs without proprietary build tools, SSE2- and VIA-Padlock
support are detected at runtime (therefor compatible down to i386).

Maybe someone is interested?

Best regards
Lukas Lueg