Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed for 11.4 is now open
On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 06:56 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 07:37:58AM +0100, Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 10:25 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 07:57:13PM +0200, Vahis wrote:
On 03/08/2011 04:19 PM, Greg KH wrote:

Ok, Tumbleweed is back open and in business for the 11.4 release.

Which reminds me, does anyone have an idea of a package that I should
include that almost everyone always does have installed

I seem to get nagged at boot about preload.
I don't know if I need it but in case, the preload matching the
kernel does not exist in Tumbleweed.

Wierd, it's failing to build right now, sorry about that, I'll work on
it.

You can just uninstall the preload kmp and run Tumbleweed's kernel right
now if you like, that's what I normally do on my machines.

Heh, package kit said I should update preload this morning, and I let it
do that. Mistake. It turned my box into a turd, took minutes to login,
while it ground my disk to powder.

Whacked it, box is all better now.

Did you also update systemtap like 'zypper dup' would have said was
needed?

If it said that, I didn't notice... so nope. However, I had done a
couple full updates prior to this one, and it says it's up to date.

I'll reinstall it, and see what happens.

-Mike