Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
Am Samstag, 19. März 2011 schrieb Roman Bysh:
I really like the snapshot feature to allow the user to roll back to an
earlier snapshot. Not available on ext4.

This would benefit users.

Everyone who likes that feature can choose btrfs, really - we should support
btrfs and we do. But before we switch for real, it should be the recommended
file system of upstream linux, e.g. when ext4 sees no more real bug fixing we
should switch.

If the majority needed snapshots and volume groups, we should have made
lvm default - and noone asked for it. So I see no reason to switch to btrfs
(not for myself yet, nor for openSUSE).

Greetings, Stephan