Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
On Saturday, March 19, 2011 03:39:43 PM Per Jessen wrote:
Only if they have our facilities/framework to help them too.
See, that could become a genuine argument for defaulting to btrfs - "the
openSUSE distro offers immediate, at the-press-of-a-button, rollback of
<something or other system change>" - but only if the user install on
btrfs.

This would be selling point.
No one is forced to use it, but many will try it to get benefits, even with
risk to reinstall system, or with drawback to run backups more often.

Reasonable setup that will provide easy to install and configure backup
solution, to prevent heavy data loss, plus benefits of btrfs can bring a lot
of people to test it.

--
Regards,
Rajko