Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:46:52 +0100
Kim Leyendecker <kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 19.03.2011 21:41, schrieb Per Jessen:
No, I don't know, but please tell me.
I donĀ“t have count but 5-10 installations.....

I would like to know how you manage to trash your installation so that a
rollback to a previous snapshot is the only solution to recover.

And how you would do the rollback on a non-virtual machine (assuming you
trash it such that it does not boot anymore, how will you do the rollback).

ext3/ext4 have been rock solid for me over the last years. On machines
where I'm doing stuff like running the latest graphics drivers, always the
latest kernels and FACTORY and stuff, and which are those crashing much
more often than average. I never had a catastropic data loss with ext.

And there is a working fsck.

Not arguing against btrfs and snapshots at all, but if the reason is "our
update process is broken in a way that we need to rollback the snapshot
two times a week", then I'd vote for fixing the cause and not the symptoms.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"