Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:25:00 +0100
Peter Nikolic wrote:

Answers using this template please:

"We should make btrfs the default filesystem in openSUSE because the
vast majority [= at least 80%] of openSUSE users will significantly
benefit from the following new features or qualities:

[please list at least two].

1 it aint an Ext* file system always had problems with them
2 it's a lot newer so it's got to bet better
3 i hate Ext file systems

Pete, those are not bad at all. Not at all.

Please bear in mind that the latter MUST be 1) not offered by the
current default filesystem and 2) distinctly beneficial to the
end-user.

Ho ho ho thats treading a bit dangerous there Per

Just asking straight questions.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.5°C)