Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
Btrfs will benefit users because it has built in *elastic* volume management
via subvolumes. This means that users get the flexibility of having "separate"
file systems without having to pre-determine how much space to allocate to each.

Built-in snapshots that don't use a pool of storage outside the filesystem to
do the copy-on-write, like LVM snapshots use, mean that "zypper dup" can be
rolled back. It should be possible to make this part of the process so it's
seamless to the user.

There's more, but writing an email on my mobile kinda sucks.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
(mobile)