Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
On Saturday 19 March 2011 18:48:34 Per Jessen wrote:
Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 19.03.2011 13:29, schrieb jdd:
what kind of answer do you need? Administrative ones? who take the
actual decision?

I don't know, but would like to

I think he wants an answer that just say, btrfs has this and this and
they and they want to have it as default too.

I think you guys are missing the point completely. Try to think of the
large majority of openSUSE users and then answer the question:

"What are the reasons for changing the openSUSE default filesystem to
btfrs?"

Answers using this template please:

"We should make btrfs the default filesystem in openSUSE because the
vast majority [= at least 80%] of openSUSE users will significantly
benefit from the following new features or qualities:

[please list at least two].
1 it aint an Ext* file system always had problems with them
2 it's a lot newer so it's got to bet better
3 i hate Ext file systems

the down side is at the moment you need a small boot partition so for now i
will stick with Xfs thruout

Please bear in mind that the latter MUST be 1) not offered by the
current default filesystem and 2) distinctly beneficial to the
end-user.
Ho ho ho thats treading a bit dangerous there Per

Pete .