Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 19:48:34 +0100
Kim Leyendecker wrote:

Am 19.03.2011 13:29, schrieb jdd:
what kind of answer do you need? Administrative ones? who take the
actual decision?

I don't know, but would like to
I think he wants an answer that just say, btrfs has this and this and
they and they want to have it as default too.

I think you guys are missing the point completely. Try to think of the
large majority of openSUSE users and then answer the question:

"What are the reasons for changing the openSUSE default filesystem to
btfrs?"

Answers using this template please:

"We should make btrfs the default filesystem in openSUSE because the
vast majority [= at least 80%] of openSUSE users will significantly
benefit from the following new features or qualities:

[please list at least two].

Please bear in mind that the latter MUST be 1) not offered by the
current default filesystem and 2) distinctly beneficial to the
end-user.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.0°C)