Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
Am 19.03.2011 16:10, schrieb todd rme:
I would say there are two main reasons:

1. There are a bunch of features that both users and administrators
will find useful (depending on the feature)

2. If we don't make it default, the majority of people who know enough
to change it likely will, making it harder to offer support to users
and encouraging less-advanced users to fiddle with the partitioning
configuration which they really shouldn't touch.

That is assuming it is in a state where the majority of people would
change to it if they knew enough and knew how. I think we should wait
to set it as the default until that is the case.
Why donĀ“t make it default in Factory and see how the things will happens. When the majority will use it, we make it default if not, we stay at ext4. Why not?

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu