Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
On Friday March 18 2011 21:10:27 Per Jessen wrote:
Jeff Mahoney wrote:

On 03/14/2011 04:23 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 14/03/2011 07:56, Per Jessen a écrit :
Regardless of the state of btrfs, what would be the purpose of
making it default?

coping with new high capacity hardware?

going where the most active developpers are?

Eventually it will be the default.

Why?

I'm not overly concerned with what we choose as a default filesystem,
but I would like to understand how one is chosen and in particular when
and why we would choose to change (from the previous default).

E.g. cause you then will be able to do an automated snapshot before any zypper
up or dup so you can safely roll back if anything goes wrong and quite some
more.

So, since even the Ext X main developer says that btrfs is the future, can you
please read up on the advantages and disadvantages and until you find any
serious flaws you brought up to the devs attentions just believe them since
they know what they are talking about instead of yet another endless
"discussion".

Thanks,
Stephan