Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
Hi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Per Jessen wrote:
Jeff Mahoney wrote:
On 03/14/2011 04:23 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 14/03/2011 07:56, Per Jessen a écrit :

Regardless of the state of btrfs, what would be the purpose of
making it default?

coping with new high capacity hardware?

going where the most active developpers are?

Eventually it will be the default.

Why?

I'm not overly concerned with what we choose as a default filesystem,
but I would like to understand how one is chosen and in particular when
and why we would choose to change (from the previous default).

Reiserfs got pushed as default by SUSE to enforce development. ;-))

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--
Eberhard Moenkeberg