Re: [opensuse-factory] Trouble starting yast2 from terminal
  • From: "pistazienfresser (see profile)" <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:52:00 +0100
Am 15/03/11 15:30, schrieb jdd:

Use "su -", not "su". I'm actively wondering if there's any reason to
keep the "su" default behavior around. It just keeps harming us again
and again.

there was a discussion, years ago, because the suse default was changed
Do not know if openSUSE should use another default than other
distributions. Maybe debugging the documentation and maybe updating it
with an explanation would be sufficient.

may I quote the yast qt interface have no problem?

jdd

I have installed KDE and LXDE. In both the graphical yast is able to
start its modules. Also an user wrote in the forums that he was able to
use KDE as a workaround.

Regards
Martin
(pistazienfresser)

--

- Samsung X20 Pentium M 740 (1730 MHz) Intel 915GM 1400x1050
- openSUSE profile: https://users.opensuse.org/show/pistazienfresser