Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
  • From: Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joerg Schilling)
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:51:37 +0100
Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Going back quite a while there was an article comparing ZFS and BTRFS.
When mature BTRFS seems a better way to go.
It was saiway back that Linus was using BTRFS as his root filesystem. I
have ha it as a backup of my systems for a long time. On the Beagleboard
(ARM) I shall be using it tomorrow as my root filesystem on Ubuntu ARM -
as usual, while I was out today, the postman left a note to say he
couldn't deliver my new 32Gig micro SD card I need to try it out.
http://lwn.net/Articles/342892/

Did you look at: "http://lwn.net/Articles/393144/";?

Jörg

--