Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
On 03/14/2011 10:28 AM, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
On 03/13/2011 10:29 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
Hi all,

Will we be seeing btrfs as the default file system in the next versions.

For the next release, probably not. It could use some hammering, though,
if you're up for doing that. Your best bet would be to use
kernel-vanilla from Kernel:HEAD since that tracks the upstream btrfs
code as closely as possible and will generate bug reports that the btrfs
team will be interested in.

Pending that it has matured enough.

That's the hitch. It is getting more stable but still lacks basic error
handling. If you've been using Linux long enough, think early versions
of reiserfs (v3), where most errors were handled by panicking.

-Jeff

I've been using Linux since '99 and Minix much earlier.
And yes, the reiserfs error (v3) panics were very memorable ;-)

-Roman