Re: [opensuse-factory] Bugs in 11.4
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:38:38 +0100
* Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx> [2011-03-14 14:13]:
On Monday 14 March 2011 16:01:31 Guido Berhoerster wrote:

For example, none of the packages in X11:lxde update desktop/icon
caches in 11.4, I'll fix that now for Factory. Have you checked
packages in other develoment projects apart from GNOME:* and
X11:xfce?

And what about non-GTK projects? Should packages in KDE:KDE3, for example,
also be modified?

It affects all packages installing themable icons and/or desktop
files.

The sane way would be to have that automatically handled by a
trigger in RPM, I'm not up-to-date wheter the rpm version we use
is actually capable of that yet. Currently there's not even a
rpmlint warning which may explain why hardly anyone seems to be
aware of this issue. (I also don't think the previous SuSEConfig
solution was any better or should be revived.)
--
Guido Berhoerster