Re: [opensuse-factory] Grub menu.lst changes on kernel update
Joachim Reichelt write:

Am 14.03.11 11:28, schrieb Felix Miata:
On 2011/03/14 10:59 (GMT+0100) Joachim Reichelt composed:

wouldn't it be nice to keep options, I have to add to menu.lst, to make
the system to boot up.
Using nvidia driver I changed:
It whould help a lot during update on "broken" system, especially
systems that otherwise will give only a black screen.
Why not put this in /etc/sysconfig/grub ?
Because it would replicate /etc/sysconfig/bootloader? Not everyone uses
grub.
Thanks for the hint!
so I have to add this to
DEFAULT_APPEND
and
FAILSAFE_APPEND

I didn't see it.

Interesting. For this purpose I add quite big note on top of menu.lst ( or
other boot config depends on your bootloader). Do you have idea how to make it
more visible?
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger