Re: [opensuse-factory] Bugs in 11.4
Le lundi 14 mars 2011, à 12:04 +0100, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
Vincent, #678990 probably has to do with the remove of
gtk-update-icon-cache from SuSEconfig? In the forum other people
complained about missing icons in Gnome.
The move was quite late. And even if you changed most of the Gnome
packages in the last minute probably most other apps don't use your
new macros.

The move itself wasn't quite late:

Wed Aug 25 21:50:25 CEST 2010 - vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx

- Remove the remaining part of SuSEconfig.gtk2: the icon theme
cache updating mechanism is now handled directly by all
appropriate packages.

(fixing our gnome packages was late, though)

I don't use Gnome. But if the problem is really common perhaps would
make sense to readd it in an update?

The thing is that the issue was already present earlier anyway, if
people were using zypper (or anything else) instead of yast. So adding
it back won't solve the issue in all cases.

But we can indeed add this back in an online update if people think
that'd help for 11.4. I'd just move the script to hicolor-icon-theme
instead. I'm open to that if that's a big issue in 11.4.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.