Re: [opensuse-factory] Bugs in 11.4
On Monday 14 March 2011 11:36:41 Vincent Untz wrote:

Try a clean install of 11.4. I mean, "zypper refresh" works, as also
does osc!!

Also, it's easier to get answers if you assign the bug to the relevant
dev. zypper problems should be assigned to component "libzypp" (OK,
probably could use a better name), so it's automatically assigned to
zypp-maintainers.

Don't you know what is with Gnome's menus? I have only one
level of folding after update which creates mess :-(.

Yes, that's a design decision of the GNOME team. For years, we've been
unhappy with the deep-nested menus we had and wanted a menu structure
similar to the one from upstream.

I think this is completely catastrophic decision: the number of applications
rises and as it raises the better categorization is needed.

This change brought complete messy junkyard in the menus. Besides
impossibility to determine an application's function and to find what you
want, it also puts so many entries in each menu that you have to scroll
several screens just to see each entry.

FWIW, you can change this by unsetting the XDG_MENU_PREFIX environment
variable -- this is being set in /usr/bin/gnome.

I have tried this but without success. After changing XDG_MENU_PREFIX the
menus are the same. But the removal of the gnome-applications.menu helped.