Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:56:09 +0100
Bruno Friedmann wrote:

On 03/13/2011 05:12 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Roman Bysh wrote:

Hi all,

Will we be seeing btrfs as the default file system in the next
versions.

Which purpose would it serve?

There's really a lot's of area where btrfs will become usefull. ( some
of them are only avalaible in ZFS actually ) But there's a lot of
place to get it stabilize first. and missing important tools like a
fsck like :-) Actually (My last check was one month ago) if a corrupt
appear, you loose :-(

Regardless of the state of btrfs, what would be the purpose of making it
default?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)