Re: [opensuse-factory] Can we see BTRFS as the default in the next version of openSUSE 11.5-12.0
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 01:42:57 -0400
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/13/2011 05:12 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Roman Bysh wrote:

Hi all,

Will we be seeing btrfs as the default file system in the next
versions.

Which purpose would it serve?

There's really a lot's of area where btrfs will become usefull. ( some of
them are only avalaible in ZFS actually )
But there's a lot of place to get it stabilize first. and missing important
tools like a fsck like :-)
Actually (My last check was one month ago) if a corrupt appear, you loose :-(

So I wouldn't see that as a default filesystem in openSUSE yet.

8 months is a long time in Linux, it is probably too early to make a
firm decision now.

-Todd