Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
Felix Miata schrieb:
On 2011/03/12 16:23 (GMT+0100) KaiRo - Robert Kaiser composed:
Well, I shutdown my desktop every night and boot it every morning - and
my laptop is sent to suspend every time I'm not using it. I guess that

Numerous IRC conversations motivate me to keep logged on regardless
whether I'm in any condition to participate in real time. :-)

The shorter the backlog I think I need to read, the faster I come to actual work on any given day - and if something's really important, there are other ways to contact me.

matches typical users pretty much. And yes, it's good just for power
(and energy/nature) saving reasons to shut down systems when not using
them. ;-)

Suspend is only for laptops?

Not really, but for one thing, I run Factory on the desktop and update that a few times per week, needing a reboot some time anyhow (while the laptop run the latest stable distro, 11.4 at this time) - and my desktop hardware drivers didn't really like suspend-to-disk the only time I tried a while back (might just work fine now).

Robert Kaiser