Re: [opensuse-factory] Packaging confusion

Hi Greg!

However, since the release of 11.4 and advent of the new Tumbleweed
repository I must say I am slightly confused. I tried to check if my
package is somehow actually shipped with oS 11.4 through
software.opensuse.org/search, but instead of finding links to the 11.4
standard repository, all I found were links to individual projects, in
my case devel:tools:scm (heck, even for "popular" packages like
MozillaThunderbird I was unable to find a reference to a "standard"
repository).

Looks to me like there is a problem or change of functionality with
software.opensuse.org/search

Ok, can anybody else confirm this then?

2) Where am I supposed to submit-request package updates and new
packages to in the future? openSUSE:Factory and / or openSUSE:Tumbleweed?

You must first submit to factory. Current factory SRs will get into
11.5 (12.0) just as in the past

It was already in factory (and I hope its still in factory for 11.5 / 12).

I believe you can just SR it from your devel repo to Tumbleweed once
you see it hit factory and are comfortable that it is stable.
Remember Tumbleweed is meant for stable packages much more so than
factory.

That is understood. Upstream will release 1.0 by the end of March and
I'd like to use Tumbleweed for this then, of course, after it got
accepted in factory.

Thanks for your answers,
Thomas.

--