Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
On 03/11/2011 11:52 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2011/03/11 11:27 (GMT-0500) Jeff Mahoney composed:

On 03/11/2011 11:25 AM, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2011/03/11 11:07 (GMT-0500) Jeff Mahoney composed:

systemd by default.

plymouth as well.

Immature, unnecessary st^H^Hfluff. Don't fix what ain't broke. Let
Fedora, Mandriva, et al mature them another release or two. F15 is a
rat's nest so far, and I'm not even touching Mandriva until the systemd
noise dies down on the Cooker list. KMS still isn't fully baked yet
even
in 11.4, at least, not everything it obsoletes or otherwise impacts.

What's gross is the unnecessary kernel code we're carrying around to
implement this.

Implement what? I asked here weeks ago where to find a summary of what
that stuff's for and got no response. Why does openSUSE still do what I
need if I boot vanilla instead of desktop or default? Flicker? Always a
non-issue here. Boot time? Who boots a non-test system except to change
kernels?

This code is exactly what's causing most of your
perennial, obscure, console issues.

What's all that extra stuff openSUSE kernels carry good for? I don't
have the most annoying of those "issues" with vanilla, Fedora or
Mandriva kernels. How can it be so hard to not have a non-black console
background and legible fonts?

I've been complaining about this annoying flicker since 10x.

It ALWAYS falls on deaf ears.

Roman
"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"