Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:51:54 +0100
Larry Stotler wrote:

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that faster boot is not good, I'm
just trying to say that from an openSUSE end-user perspective, it's
low impact.

Correct. Most people are still used to turning on their PC and
getting a cup of coffee when they get to work. It really hasn't
changed that much in 15 years or so.

Even longer back - back in 80s, I worked on an IBM 3194 display terminal
with support for four 3270 sessions. (inside it was really a PC, I'm
pretty sure). AFAIR, it took about a cup of coffee before it was ready
to log in to TPX.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.9°C)