Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:37:29 -0500
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Implement what? I asked here weeks ago where to find a summary of what that
stuff's for and got no response. Why does openSUSE still do what I need if I
boot vanilla instead of desktop or default? Flicker? Always a non-issue
here. Boot time? Who boots a non-test system except to change kernels?

Server - Never

Desktop - depends(sometimes I lock it up....it IS 100% overclocked :-)

Laptop - Every time I use it.

Boot time is a non issue for me. My laptop is a P3/1Ghz with 512MB
RAM. So, I'm prepared for a slight wait.

Slow boot times that I see are usually caused by not having a network
cord on a system and having the dhcp finally fail out (which can be a
pain with 2 or 3 NICs).