Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:48:16 +0000
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le lundi 07 mars 2011, à 19:37 +0100, Kim Leyendecker a écrit :
What´s the technology way we want do for the 11.4 successor?
[...]
* KDE 4.x and GNOME 2.x _and_ GNOME 3.x

I don't think the GNOME team has planned to have both GNOME versions. If
that's something people want to see happen, please show up at the GNOME
team meetings or on opensuse-gnome :-)

I know the 'manpower' point of view, and against that there are no
arguments. On the other side, considering that many people are
throwing knifes at the alternative panels of G3 and stuff... I don't
know if it wouldn't be wise to keep old GNOME for a couple of few
loyalists. I know it reduces the impact of GNOME3, but on the other
hand, might keep a sane alternative against migrations to LXDE and
friends (maybe looking at Fedora planet once in a while will help a
bit realize the mobilization for this DE's).

Just a thought... nevertheless I'm staying out of such decisions and
processes, too political for my taste.

NM

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

Nelson Marques

/* As cicatrizes lembram-nos de onde estivemos, mas não ditam para onde vamos */