working Re: [opensuse-factory] VirtualBox oops
On 02/11/2011 04:59 PM, johnm_s2 wrote:
On 02/11/2011 12:27 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:15:49PM -0900, johnm_s2 wrote:
11.4 factory-tested RC1 x86_64

Hello,

The UI works ok and everything. You can create& configure VMs. I
create an openSUSE 64bit VM. But as soon as I try to start a VM, I
get kernel oops:

http://pastebin.com/Pnh85Fda

You are using the closed source ATI driver, and the virtual box kernel
modules, which is unsupported by us. Not much we can really do here for
you, sorry :(

Ah bummer. I wonder if the Oracle binaries would work? Hm I'll just run
virtualbox on a different machine for now.

-johnm

openSUSE 11.4 final x86_64

Virtualbox from system repo is working now, with the fglrx driver no less.