On Tuesday 08 March 2011 01:02:38 Stefan Seyfried wrote:

I have an old winmodem not working in Linux. It there a chance that it is
made working if I make a bugreport? Note that the production stopped
about 10 years ago and the manufacturer did not disclose the
specifications.

Just out of curiosity: does it work in current windows?

It is automatically detected by WinXP. I did not test under later systems, but
I suppose even if they do not include the suitable drivers by default,
drivers from Win XP or Win 2000 still can be installed.