Re: [opensuse-factory] preload from Kernel:stable and openSUSE:11.4 failing to build in Tumbleweed
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 07:22:16AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 04:08:44PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 9. März 2011 schrieb Greg KH:
As I can't build this package in openSUSE:11.4, something really strange
happened there, it would be good to have a reproducably buildable
system...
11.4 was in maintenance mode after RC2 and we made a broken update, this
can
happen with our normal maintenance too.

Sure, but I can't seem to figure out what broke here. Was it just
insserv?

For tumbleweed I just fix preload - or I suggest to just drop it and
hope
for systemd's readahead to be developed into something useful (last time
I checked it makes booting slower on my thinkpad)

How can I "fix" preload in this manner? Where do I fix this?

Take either factory's insserv or factory's preload or both.

As the "root" preload package (which should be in Base:System) also
fails in this way, why would the openSUSE:Factory package be different?

Changing insserv makes more sense, I'll grab the version in Base:System
right now and see if that solves the issue.

Ok, that worked, thanks for your help.

greg k-h