Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:51:53 +0000
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Martin Schlander
<martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Onsdag den 9. marts 2011 00:02:52 skrev Larry Stotler:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We made the decision that factory is 11.4++ and used the simplest algebra
possible. That doesn't mean we can't rename the repo.

Well, when is SLES/SLED planning to be updated?  Usually, that would
be with 12.1.  So, if that is something that would be done sometime
soon, then I could see the next release being 12.0.

IIRC, .4 was the highest S.u.S.E. release.  v6.4 & v4.4.1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUSE_Linux_distributions#Versions

It's the intention to move away from meaningless version numbers dictated by
marketing - and instead have meaningful version numbers that say something
about the release.

We have time... is it possible to run a LimeSurvey somewhere in the
infra-structure and run a small questionnaire through the community to
get an idea of what people think? Maybe we can use a bit of feedback
from our users (maybe a pool, like the one used for the board, though
it's less flexible)... approaching user perceptions on this field
could actually leads us to the right place... I know this sound a bit
like 'marketing talk' when people seem to be walking from it, but it
could be enlightening and point us a way...

NM

Nelson Marques

/* As cicatrizes lembram-nos de onde estivemos, mas não ditam para onde vamos */