  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 04:46:28 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2011-03-07 at 11:12 -0800, Greg KH wrote:

Yes to all of those :)

I have used Garmin devices on Linux, and lots of people use Tomtom
devices with Linux, and the same for nokia and samsung phones.

I have a TomTom, and to push the official updates, maps, etc, it requires Windows. Ask the company, they say Linux is not supported, they are thinking about it or something like that.

I also have a Nokia phone, and linux support of it is very limited. I need windows to backup it, to get copies of sms, the phonelist, even to pull photos by BT, because linux can't handle BT (it did, it is broken last few times I tried).

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)