Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE won't upgrade successfully from 11.3 to 11.4
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Robert Schweikert
<rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, one more note. I had the best success just running 'zypper dup'
after changing the repos (this was mentioned earlier in the thread)

I've had to kill the upgrade twice so far because of hangs. Not sure
if the 2nd restart will finish, but it's showing less packages needed
each time(of course, the kernel was the first failure, so I dunno what
will happen. Oh well, it's not a production machine).

I would say just using "zypper dup" provides the upgrade experience
we're looking for.

Seems like it should just upgrade zypper first, and then do the
upgrade. I don't really know that much about it tho.