Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE won't upgrade successfully from 11.3 to 11.4
On 03/08/2011 01:10 AM, Dave Cotton wrote:

Just installed a minimum text 11.3 in virtualbox, did not do any updates
from the original .iso and get exactly what you have.

Funny thing about VirtualBox -- it saved my bacon last night when I came
across this same error. I'd done a zypper dup with a pre-download of all
the packages, and then it went to install. It borked out after it went to
delete liblzma and the resulting rpm installation child processes couldn't
find the library.

At this point, I didn't know how much of a pickle I was in, so I dared not
shut down my system. I *did* have an installation of RC1 sitting around
in vbox, so fired it up, downloaded 11.3's liblzma, extracted out the one
little library file needed, sftp'd it over, and then POOF! Back in business.

Somehow I suspect that's not quite within operational realm of your
"average guy" doing an upgrade, so best to get this "little bug" fixed ;)

Ken Savage